A height weight chart allows individuals to know the ideal weights for specific heights. With growing instances of obesity and obesity- related complications in the present times, a height weight chart is inevitable to know about the healthy height weight ratio and maintaining the same. Height weight charts vary for men and women and the purpose of the chart is to emphasize the need for staying fit and consistently managing their ideal weight.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
Using height weigh chart, you can calculate the Body Mass Index of an individual that will help him to know whether he is underweight, overweight, obese or has ideal body weight. The fat content in an individual’s body is measured by BMI and a BMI calculator can calculate it. People who have BMI lesser than 18.5, come under underweight category. Those above 18.5 and under 24.9, belong to the ideal or normal weight category. Above 25 to 29.9 BMI is considered overweight and those above 30 are declared obese.
Healthy height weight chart benefits
- The ideal weight chart is a constant motivation force for people involved in weight loss programs. After knowing the appropriate height weight ratio, an individual can set weekly and monthly goals regarding weight loss to achieve the perfect healthy body.
- Maintaining a fit body with the exact height and weight proportion will eliminate the instances related to obesity which can pave way to innumerable complications. The chart will stress the need to indulge in physical activity and fitness regimes to reduce weight and stay fit.
- When you are in a weight loss regime, you can keep a track or journal about the weight you have lost every week and compare it with the ideal height weight that is necessary. The weekly analysis of the programs will encourage you by informing the amount of weight lost, every week and the weight you intend to lose, as per your plans.
- Height weight chart also urges people to work out and hit the gym for a toned and fit body and chisel their body structure. In many cases, during the process of losing weight and working out in gym, individuals inadvertently get a gorgeous body.
- The chart also prompts individuals to regularly check their weights and prevent unwanted health risks caused by sleep apnea, hypertension, diabetes and heart diseases that are common about over weight people.
- The fact remains that ideal height weight chart makes people adopt a healthy lifestyle that helps them deal with weight gain related issues and indulge in a lot of physical activity and sports.
- The hidden benefits of the chart also include abstinence since, in the pursuit of losing weight and staying fit, people follow abstinence and quit smoking which makes them lead a healthy lifestyle.
Ways to stay fit using height weight chart
- Find out your perfect weight, in proportionate to your height and calculate the weight you need to lose or gain accordingly, to be healthy. Try to plan a rigorous weight loss regime within a stipulated period of time.
- Set long term and short term goals with regards to weight loss plans, if you are over weight according to the chart. The goals you decide for yourself should be realistic and should be achievable within the given period of time.
- The perfect way to maintain ideal height weight ratio is by working out and engaging in sporting or physical activity more. The chart may remind you of the amount of weight you need to lose and this inspires you to indulge in jogging, dancing, walking, rugby and a whole lot of others to tone your body.
- Most of the times, it is extremely tempting to stray away from the weight loss regimes as planned and indulge in over eating with less physical activity. Height weigh chart constantly reminds individuals about the weight needed to be lost and ways to do the same even when you try to deviate from the plan you have charted.
- Maintain a fitness journal listing out the progress you have made every week. The journal should comprise the diet followed, the sporting activity or physical activity indulged in and exercise routines.
Higher body mass index or weight can always increase the risk of weight related health issues. A height weight chart provides more insights into the perfect height and weight proportion and when you stick to that weight, you stay healthy without being susceptible to any kind of health complications or risks.